Monday, January 4, 2010

WARNING: Long post about the fashion of the last decade!

Well, today has been a really tiresome day, but it is much easier to think of a topic for this blog than it is for my new blog! Wait, I haven't told ya'll about that. I made another blog yesterday titled: In the World of Neurology and Psychology!

Web address is: http://www.neurologyandpsychology.blogspot.com/

I made this blog because I one day either want to become a doctor in the fields of neurology and psychology...duh lol.

Anyways, so today's blog is going to be about my top favorite trends in the past DECADE!! and my least favorite...


My Least Favorite:


The Gladiator Sandle-Boots (2009) - I did NOT like these, they were gaudy and made many outfits look bad.


The Crocs (2004-2005) - They were cute at first, and I loved them when nurses wore them, but then EVERYBODY started wearing them. Even little kids, and it was almost like Twilght. It got rediculous. They started making boots, tennishoes, furry crocs, you name it!

The SUPER Skinny-Jeans (2007-2009) - Nah, did not care for these much. Regular skinny or boot-cut jeans are ok. I like them, but I thought the super skinnies were unflattering.


The over-done, gaudy black heels (2009) - I cannot stand this look. It is everywhere! The huge black heels with the wide straps and studs everywhere looks akward and unfeminine to me. I also don't like it when I see girls wearing them with the cutest dresses. Totally ruins the outfit for me.


The Zippered Leggings (2009) - These...I don't really know what to say except they seem very unfeminine and unflattering to any outfit. I especialy don't like the ones that are sequined or metallic, eck!


The Acid-Washed Jeans (2008-2009) - No. Just no.
Midriff-Bearing Tanks (2000-2002) - Eh, even though I was very young when this was popular, I would feel inappropriate wearing it now, and things have changed since then.


MUDD Jeans (2000-2003) - Not very appealing to the butt. They always made my butt and my thighs look saggy.


The Hollister/Abercrombie Phenomenon (2005-2008) - I'm sorry, but even though I have a few things from these places, I HATED this stage! Too many girls wore this stuff, especially the teeshirts with the logo or the name IN BOLD PRINT OR HUGE. Now Abercrombie is too expensive for anybody to buy anymore and Hollister is not seen (or at least by me) as much. Plus Abercrombie gives me a migraine everytime I go in there, pew!


The Sex Bracelets (2000-2004) - Now who remembers these? I do, but I never wore them for ahem, sex. Eh, I used to wear these in my "punk stage". That stage of my life is not one of my favorites. Plus they made an outfit look lazy.


The Skinny, Barbie-Doll Look (??) - No offence intended to the girl in this picture, she is very pretty. BUT, to be frank, I was very tired of seeing girls that looked like this all over the internet and TV. It seemed like a craze, and many little 12-year-old girls would use these pictures and say, "iM sO hOtt!" in the uppercase/lowercase font that they used.

The Orange Skin Trend (2009) - Ugh is all I can say really...



My Most Favorite


Boho Bags (2007-2008) - They were so cute, and I could fit EVERYTHING in them! The only problem I had with these were that in the hallways at my highschool, girls who had them hit everybody with them, lol.


Uggs (2004-2008) - I know, I know. I hear a lot of people who say they hate these, but I love them. I have a pair. They go with many of my winter outfits, and they are just darn comforitable! The only thing I HATED was how girls wore them in the summer. Omg, come on...you have flip flops!
Floral Statement Necklaces (2009) - I absolutely loved these! I think they are adorable (with the right clothes of course) and they look so feminine.



Flats (2007-2009) - One word: LOVE!!

The Victorian/Vintage Look (2008-2009) - I am absolutely crazy about history, and seeing shirts and dresses replicate the vintage styles is a big plus for me!



Subtle-Glatiator Sandles (2009) - Unlike the high-kneed Gladiators, I loved the flip-floppish gladiators. I loved how some of them were beaded or sequined, and I loved them with dresses.



Distressed Jeans (2007-2009) - I loved these, and they looked so cute in the summer. Not very good for winter though. I have a few of these. I kind of got out of this trend in early 2009 because of the economy (very expensive), and now I realize I can just make these myself.

Sperrys (2008-2009) - God, I love these shoes. They are so comforitable, and I wear them everywhere!



Hottie/Princess/Angel Shirts (2000-2002) - Loved these when I was younger. I had a lot of labeled shirts. Also, I don't think I'd really want these back, but I had fond memories of this trend.

Patriotism Fashion (2001-2003) - Go America! I had a lot of this.


Leggings (2007-2008) - I loved them in the winter time under dresses and skirts, but when people actually started wearing them as pants...uh, no.

The Giraffe Purse (2008) - Who can forget these? People still carry them! I loved mine, and my mom also had one that I was crazy for!



Long Hair (2007-2009) - I finally have my hair long, yay! I also like the long hair trend straight, wavy, curly you name it!




The Maxi-Dress (2009) - I really liked these. They were flowy and light, and I would especially wear one to the beach. I wouldn't much care wear one to the mall though.








Sorry this was such a LONG post! I just wanted to throw that into the open! Also, I'm sorry if I have offended anyone, these are just my opinions.
What were your favorite trends? Your least? And are there anymore trends that I have forgotten?

No comments:

Post a Comment