Saturday, January 16, 2010

Beauty Secrets <3



My mom and I was talking about each other's beauty secrets we used over the years, and I decided I would like to write a post about "beauty secrets" that I use. I will also write about some of the secrets I have learned over the years.
One "beauty secret" I use to take the static out of my hair (and to make it smell good in the process): I spray my favorite perfume lightly (or heavy on how light the perfume is) on my brush, and brush it through my hair. It may or may not to take the static out, but it works for me, and that's why I am sharing this secret. Also, when you want to flip your hair for a guy, it makes the smell travel when you do this :)
A 'beauty secret" my mother told me of is when you're about to go to the prom or your first date, and you're scared about your hands being sweaty when your date wants to hold hands, put some antiperspirant on your hands. Or deoderant, which one works for you. (If you wanted to go with the deoderant, I would get one for under your arms and just one for your hands).
Another my mother told me about is breaking raw eggs into your hair during a shower to make your hair fuller and soft. You would wash your hair with shampoo first, then use the eggs, and then wash your hair again and rinse.
I also heard about using avocados for face masks, or using honey during your showers to make your hair soft and shiny.
Another "beauty secret" is to use petroleum jelly (or vasaline) on your "hot spots" (wrists, behind the ears, inside the arm, neck, etc..) to make lighter scents stay on your body.


What are some "beauty secrets" that you use(d)? Did they work for you?


* pictures are used from Vogue.com and Photobucket.com

No comments:

Post a Comment