Friday, November 12, 2010

Breast Cancer Awareness Was Last Month...


But this month, it's Epilepsy Awareness Month!
If you don't know what epilepsy is, it's a seizure disorder. I don't have epilepsy, but I became interested in it one day when I was looking through my mother's 1970s medical book. It seemed so alien, almost like schizophrenia, and I am attracted to that kind of stuff. I want to help people with epilepsy and schizophrenia, so I might go into medical research, I'm not quite sure yet though, you know?

Show your support on epilepsy and wear a lot of lilac/lavender!



Here's the link to the Epilepsy Foundation of America:

www.epilepsyfoundation.org

Anyways, have you ever felt like one day you knew exactly everything you were going to do, and then the next you have no idea? That's how I feel. Since I was 4-5 years old, I have always had my mind set up on the medical field. First, it was a "brain doctor", then when I was about 6 or so, I wanted to be a "kidney doctor" or a nephrologist. About 7th grade, however, I read about epilepsy and became fascinated with it! I decided from then on out I was going to be a neurologist. Then that changed from neurologist to neurosurgeon. Then to a neuroscientist. Something neurological anyways.
A couple of years ago was when I then set my mind on being an architect, but with still the intentions of being a neurosurgeron. I stayed on the internet all the time looking up old Victorian houses and abandoned buildings. I have always had a fascination on skyscrapers since September 11, 2001, and I thought that since I had a passion for it and I had good art skills (but my math skills suck, haha) I could be an architect! When I looked even further into my architecture exploration, I found abandoned insane asylums. Yes, that's where my newest obsession originated. Last year around this time to be in fact. I read more into these abandoned asylums, and it had a strong connection to my love of everything neurological. Except with a twist: psychiatry. Ever since then I want to be a psychiatrist and focus on schizophrenia and disassociative identity disorder (multiple personality disorder).

Except, ever since I graduated from high school, I've been finding that I like other things too. I might want to be an artist, or a fashion designer, or a magazine editor, or a cosmetologist. Who knows?

That's the history of my exploration of career choices, and is it in no way ending soon :)

Also, instead of a picture of the day, I'm going to have a song of the day! Please, if you can, listen to the songs! Some you may like, some you may not like.
I also have an item of the week where I'm going to take pictures of something I have. Comments are appreciated!

What are your career plans? Are you still trying to make up your mind? Are you utterly confused?

::Song of the Day::
She Used To Be My Girl - The O'Jays



nail polish: estee lauder, photo: we<3it, lavender dress: charlotterusse.com

No comments:

Post a Comment